The CEO and/or Chair Person have the right to:
Regulations for participation
- Participants will have to report at least 25 minutes prior to the scheduled performance time/s as per attached document.
- Participants will have to register in the foyer for each and every entered item. Pro forma should be completed in full to enable and ensure a fair eisteddfod.
- Participants should be at best behaviour at all times and no refreshments will be allowed inside the auditorium. This includes bottled water.
- Participants have to compete within the given participation schedule. No one will be allowed to render items before or later than the given day and time for that specific item.
- Participants should have respect for one another as well as appreciation.
- Participants should be loyal and respectful towards representatives of Allegretto.
- Participants are more than welcome to wear either school uniform or appropriate clothes/costume for solo as well as group performances on stage.
- Participants are responsible for any valuables brought to the eisteddfod. Allegretto take no responsibility for any losses or damages during the eisteddfod what so ever.
- Participants are not allowed to make use of mobile phones while engaged in any eisteddfod performance.
Regulations for spectators
- Spectators will have to pay a daily Door Fee of R40pp at Regional and R50pp at Provincial Level for all of the sections to assist with adjudication fees as well as incentives.
- Spectators are not allowed to take any refreshments inside the main auditorium.
- Spectators should encourage participants and also have appreciation for all performances rendered.
- Participants will have to respect the time limits as per attached schedule.
- Solo performances should not exceed 2 minutes (except Public Speaking for grade 10 - 12).
- Duo performances should not exceed 2 minutes.
- Performances should also not be shorter than 1:30 min.
- Group performances should not exceed 10 - 15 minutes.
- Please familiarize yourselves with the genres prescribed in the syllabus.
- Please be prepared and on time.
- Participants should have the Allegretto Name Tag for Visual Literacy on each entered item.
- All mentioned participants on the Visual Literacy Schedule have to be present on the day of the prize giving in order to receive their certificates and collect their entered works.
- Out of section performances will be charged at an additional R65 per item at the door. You will have to arrange this with the appropriate section coordinator.
- Entry fees as well as tickets purchased for any Allegretto Eisteddfod event is non-refundable.
General terms and conditions
- Ensure a proper and fair Eisteddfod for all.
- Reschedule performance times, venues and dates if needed.
- Overrule an Adjudication process if unfair.
- Disqualify a participant if not adhered to prescription as per syllabus.
- Remain to the Right of Participation.